Top 5 Wednesday

Top 5 Wednesday is a feature created by Lainey from the youtube channel gingerreadslainey.


This week’s topic is: Series You Want to Start This Year


I had about a billion series to choose from, but I was able to narrow it down, just barely (if this included series I wanted to continue it would have been crazy).


So, here it is:


Honorable Mentions





Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson - everyone raves about Brandon Sanderson and I want to get into more high fantasy.


The Seven Realms by Cinda Williams Chima - another high fantasy, and I read the beginning of the first book and it sounds like a great one!


The Winner’s Curse by Marie Rutkoski - romance and dystopia. Sounds like everything I always read, but it sounds great!



Numer 5:



The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater - this series is intriguing. I have no idea what it is about and I would like to go into it blind.



Number 4:



The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson - High fantasy, strong female lead. What more do I need?


Number 3:





Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes  - I heard this is like Game of Thrones YA. A lot of people rave about it, and it seems to have multiple POVs and ships, which I’m always up for!


Number 2:



The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon - This one is about people with multiple super powers and it crosses the line between fantasy and sci-fi!


Number 1:





Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor - This series needs to happen! I think it’s about angels and demons, the main character sounds great, and the reviews are raving!


There you go! What are your top 5 series to start this year? Any match mine? Comment your favorites or reblog if this series are in your list!


Also, if anyone has read any of these: which one should I definitely get started sooner?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Fairest by Marissa Meyer

Top 5 Wednesday #4 ANTI-HEROES